They’re at it again. This week Facebook made a significant change to their news feed algorithm in order to give priority to your real friends’ posts over the posts of Business Pages you’ve liked.
Business page posts will still appear in newsfeeds, but likely pushed down some. Remember that if you post multiple times within a short time span of time on a Business Page, you get sent to the Facebook penalty box and the visibility of the page decreases. Stick with a timed strategy for best results.
The new algorithm is going to create some problems for Business Pages, so here are some tips to counter the change:
- Only post ENGAGING content that is meaningful to your target audience.
- Go with the Facebook flow and buy some ads. They’re so inexpensive and easy to target with precision. We’re all being forced into this direction, so let’s just go with it.
Best practices & page posting tips from Facebook to maximize organic reach:
- Post consistently. Use Facebook’s Insights tool to schedule posts when your audience is online.
- Target your posts if applicable. You can target by age, gender, location, interests and more.
- Keep posts images and text fresh. Again, use Insights to determine which types of posts are most engaging to your audience.
- Boost important posts. Paid boosts on specific posts will push your content higher up your fans’ news feeds. You can boost for any amount, whether it’s $1 or $500.
- Facebook Ads. Create targeted ads for different audiences, set your budget and measure the results across devices right from Facebook.
- Connect with words and pictures. Keep copy short, avoid promotional phrases, and don’t use photos that contain mostly text. Facebook penalizes these types of posts.
- Review post performance. INSIGHTS, INSIGHTS, INSIGHTS! Adjust your content and schedule as necessary.